I'm going vegan

I've been a vegetarian for a few years now for ethical reasons, but I wasn't able to give up dairy because I liked chocolate bars and nonvegan desserts (ice-cream, gulab jamun, carrot halwa, etc.) too much. However, on 30 June 2026, I avoided a major health crisis thanks to the timely intervention of the nurses at Sagar Hospitals' ER, and I decided to express my gratitude by going completely vegan. So, I have replaced my morning cold coffee with soy or almond milk. The caffeine withdrawal gave me headaches during the first two days, but they have subsided now.

I feel like I'm no longer the centre of the universe. I love that by being vegan, I'm potentially saving an animal's life each day, and I think the benefits will eventually trickle down to humans as well. My mind and conscience are clear, and I feel like I'm actively contributing to society rather than just being a passive observer.

I think veganism is like a religion in many ways. It provides ethical principles to live by, taking the welfare of animals into accountBecoming vegan has imbued my life with meaning and purpose and made me a better person. It has also given me an online community of people who share my values. And unlike most religions, veganism doesn't require a person to believe anything on insufficient evidence.

Going vegan has improved my self-control and made me less impulsive. I'm also saving a ton of money on chocolate bars and desserts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innocent Chickens Slaughtered for Meat in India

The Statue of Unity